Acumen Fund is an organization that is “creating a world beyond poverty by investing in social enterprises, emerging leaders and breakthrough ideas.”
Similar to its Global Fellows Program, Acumen Fund has an East Africa Fellows Program. By providing technical assistance, it is looking for “next generation leaders united by a common mission of harnessing the power of social innovation to create solutions to East Africa’s most pressing problems.”
- Duration: 1 year (part-time)
- Consists of 5 seminars (includes a regional trip) + 1 innovation conference. Seminars include multi-day workshops with world-class speakers, trainers, and mentors. Innovation conference is a chance to showcase your learning + your project idea
- All seminar and conference costs are covered
- Deadline for application: 5th August 2012
- Application link (see criteria and timeline here)
- Frequently asked questions
Such resources present an opportunity for young folks with ideas. Given some of the challenges that Tanzania and greater East Africa faces, their ideas can be taken to the next level such that their communities benefit from value-adding services, employment and/or knowledge.
What’s your idea?