The competition targets schools rather than individuals. Why is this so?
School-based enterprises are a great way for students to learn business skills and gain practical experience in managing a business, as well as generating income. (Source: About page)
Schools may use income generated from their idea to support their goals and operations. These may include developing school infrastructure, supporting student learning, improving performance standards, improve teacher development and supporting surrounding communities.
In 2012, a Tanzanian Secondary School won $2,500 to develop a beekeeping facility for honey cultivation. See more details on past winners here.
- School Enterprise Challenge homepage
- Registration for challenge
- Previous winners
- Teach A Man To Fish homepage
- More posts on Vijana FM about competitions
* Homepage featured photo credit Pernille Bærendtsen (Dunia Duara).